Thursday 30 June 2011

VIA 1 blocked by CN

On Thursday June 30 we went to The Saint James Junction to shoot some trains I mainly wanted to catch "The Canadian" at noon but things didn't go exactly how I planned. My mom parked on the north side of the tracks and I went on the south side,At around twelve I saw headlights to the east but then the train stopped short of Waverly street,Then came an eastbound it went slow and eventually stopped by Waverly street too. Heres the picture



  After it had stopped I notice bright headlights to the east I was hoping these belonged to the westbound freight but they were VIA's. It was switching from the south to the north track I was so mad. Why couldn't the westbound have been on the north track and VIA on the south ,or no meet at all or have my mom be on my side of the tracks and we could of went to Kenaston. Out of frustration I noticed the gap between the two intermodal cars I had the urge to climb through them but  stayed safe and didn't,VIA was getting closer so I decided to go right by the gap and film the train through it heres the result

















What really mad me mad was this could of been a great picture since Loto Quebec loco 6414 was leading.
Well at least I came up with a good idea,From now on I'm always going to havce the car parked on the south side. I guess this just happens to every railfan having a good shot blocked.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you for not cutting across. It happens that we get blocked on occasion, but the nice thing about Winnipeg is there are plenty of other trains to see.

    ReplyDelete